A one day GUJCOST sponsored National Level Seminar on topic “Treading Towards Progress Of Pharma Industry” was organized by Department of Pharmaceutics at L. M. College of Pharmacy on 23rd September, 2017.
The chief coordinator of the program was Dr. R. K. Parikh. The Chief Guest of the function Dr. Mukesh Gohel, Guest of Honor, Mr. Natubhai Panchal and Principal of the college Dr. Mahesh Chhabria along with Dr. Parikh chaired the dias for the inaugural function.
Various eminent speakers from industry as well as academics were invited to deliver expert talks. Scientific talks were delivered on varied topics as follows:
- Importance of Data Integrity and Quality Metrices required by developed regulatory agencies for export of medicines from India by Dr. M. C. Gohel
- Recent Scenario in Mergers & Acquisitions of Major Pharma Groups by Dr. Pratik Vora
- Recent Regulatory Aspects of Medical Devices by Prof. Tejal Mehta
- Designing Around the Patents Concept by Mr. Chirag Soni
- Future Business Potential of Biosimilar Molecules by Dr. Shrinavas Savale
- Generics and Policies implemented in the State of Gujarat by Mr. Chetan Mehta
Around 100 participants (faculties, PG and Ph.D students) participated in the program. The seminar was a great success and there was a high level of exchange of varied range of intellectual thoughts to satisfy the motive of the seminar. Seminar was concluded by special remarks by Principal Dr. M. T. Chhabria and vote of thanks by Dr. R. K. Parikh.
Reported and Edited by – Dr. Radhika Pandya
Photography Credit – Devang Vyas