L M College of Pharmacy feels proud to announce that it has been selected for a grant under Student Startup and Innovation Policy (SSIP) of State Government. LMCP will receive a grant of Rs. 40 lakhs per annum for 3 years.
The official announcement was made by Hon. Chief Minister Shree Vijay Rupani on 26th September, 2017 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar.
Key objectives of SSIP project are as below:
- Developing student centric Innovation and Pre-incubation Ecosystem for Students (IPIES)
- Creating environment for creativity to flourish and an end-to-end support system in educational institutions to allow ample support to ideas for better execution
- Build internal capacity of educational institutions and key components of the innovation ecosystem to enable deployed processes to make sustainable impact at scale
- Create pathways for mind to market by harnessing and handholding projects/research/ innovation/ ideas of students in Gujarat
- Creating and facilitating sectoral and regional innovation efforts in state around educational institutions
- Create a common platform to showcase, support and upscale innovations for motivating stakeholders as well as for an opportunity to create value for money and value for many
- Leverage public system initiatives at state and central level, academia, industries and by other ecosystem stakeholders / domain experts and institutions to make an inclusive effort
It is again a great achievement and a proud moment for L M College of Pharmacy. LMCP has become a great hub in true sense for the research and innovation in healthcare system.
Reported by – Dr. Mahesh Chhabria & Vijaykumar Bhavsar
Edited by – Dr. Radhika Pandya